Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Boynton Beach, Florida. This nursing home is a grade A facility, which is a truly elite grade. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Boynton Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Boynton Beach, Florida Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This top-shelf facility also dominated in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed ended up being this nursing home's poorest area. However, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- in our short-term care category. With our short-term care rating, we try to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 3.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland Health Care Center Boynton Beach, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.02 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Davita Bethesda Dialysis0.65 miles away332 N Congress Ave Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 364-8181
- Usrc Boynton Beach, LLC1.25 miles away1500 W Gateway Blvd Suite 190 Boynton Beach Florida 33426Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 733-4631
- Universal Kidney Center of Boynton Beach1.74 miles away4895 Windward Passage Dr Ste 5 Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-1981
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Boynton Beach1.98 miles away4965 Lechalet Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 17 (561) 734-5585
- Fmc - Boynton Beach Gulf Stream2.24 miles away3925 W Boynton Beach Blvd #110 Boynton Beach Florida 33436CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 740-4025
- Bma - Boynton Beach2.56 miles away3451 W. Woolbright Rd Boynton Beach Florida 33436Dialysis Stations: 12 (561) 737-8970
- Fmc - Atlantis3.92 miles away5503 South Congress Ave Suite 101 Lake Worth Florida 33462Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 967-0633
- West Boynton Dialysis4.24 miles away10150 Hagen Ranch Rd #101 Boynton Beach Florida 33437Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 736-6096