With an address in Ann Arbor, Michigan, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor is one of just three available nursing homes in this city. This is a good nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Ann Arbor. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility excelled in the category of short-term care, where it earned an A. Few facilities fared better in this category. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Our nursing score is primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor?
This facility received somewhat favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them a decent score in that area, with a grade of C. Inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This facility was hit with 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This indicates inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to present an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We really did not consider anything on this nursing home's inspection reports to be too alarming.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this category. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. In calculating our long-term care scores, we assess the assistance with daily living offered to a nursing home's residents. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 3.47% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 91.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- University of Michigan Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away1500 E Medical Center Drive, Spc 5474 Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 764-1505
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.19 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- St Joseph Mercy ChelseaAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away775 S Main St Chelsea Michigan 48118Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 475-3911
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.72 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Washtenaw Regional Dialysis Ctr0.51 miles away5205 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (734) 434-9511
- Ypsilanti Dialysis of Davita1.38 miles away2766 Washtenaw Rd Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 528-9280
- Univ of Mi Dialysis - Pediatric2.66 miles away1540 E Hospital Dr Rm 10-712 Mott Hospital Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 232-5461
- Michigan Dialysis Services of Ann Arbor3.56 miles away2850 S Industrial Hwy Ste 100 Ann Arbor Michigan 48104Dialysis Stations: 17 (734) 677-1490
- Bio-Medical Applications of Michigan, Inc.3.82 miles away1266 Anna J Stepp Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 482-6901
- Ann Arbor Dialysis of Davita5.34 miles away3147 Oak Valley Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48108Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 213-5269
- Fmc Dialysis - West Ann Arbor5.7 miles away2355 W Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor Michigan 48103Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 623-2259
- Nehall Dialysis LLC9.78 miles away10850 Belleville Rd Belleville Michigan 48111Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 697-7604