With an address in Ann Arbor, Michigan, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor is one of just two available nursing homes in this city. This nursing home turns out to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Ann Arbor senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care rating. In fact, short-term care is its best category. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more critical for patients in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor?
This facility received somewhat favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them a decent score in that area, with a grade of C. Our inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This facility was hit with 8 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This indicates CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. We didn't consider anything on this facility's inspection report to be too concerning.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is a fair grade in this category. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for individuals in need of more traditional services associated with personal care. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.73045 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 3.38% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 91.02% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- University of Michigan Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away1500 E Medical Center Drive, Spc 5474 Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 764-1505
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.19 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- St Joseph Mercy ChelseaAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away775 S Main St Chelsea Michigan 48118Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 475-3911
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.72 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Washtenaw Regional Dialysis Ctr0.51 miles away5205 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (734) 434-9511
- Ypsilanti Dialysis of Davita1.38 miles away2766 Washtenaw Rd Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 528-9280
- Univ of Mi Dialysis - Pediatric2.66 miles away1540 E Hospital Dr Rm 10-712 Mott Hospital Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 232-5461
- Michigan Dialysis Services of Ann Arbor3.56 miles away2850 S Industrial Hwy Ste 100 Ann Arbor Michigan 48104Dialysis Stations: 17 (734) 677-1490
- Bio-Medical Applications of Michigan, Inc.3.82 miles away1266 Anna J Stepp Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 482-6901
- Ann Arbor Dialysis of Davita5.34 miles away3147 Oak Valley Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48108Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 213-5269
- Fmc Dialysis - West Ann Arbor5.7 miles away2355 W Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor Michigan 48103Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 623-2259
- Nehall Dialysis LLC9.78 miles away10850 Belleville Rd Belleville Michigan 48111Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 697-7604