With an address in Ann Arbor, Michigan, ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor is one of just three available nursing homes in this city. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B, which is an impressive grade. In fact, it is the number one rated nursing home in the city. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A for that category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor?
This nursing home's inspection grade appears to be one of its best features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home had 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This tells you that inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to present an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We really did not consider anything on this nursing home's inspection report to be too concerning.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home received a grade of C for long-term care, which we consider to be an acceptable grade. In the category of long-term care, we focus on the amount of services offered by a nursing home, rather than more sophisticated services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average datapoint. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 3.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 91.43% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Ann Arbor, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- University of Michigan Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away1500 E Medical Center Drive, Spc 5474 Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 764-1505
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.19 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- St Joseph Mercy ChelseaAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away775 S Main St Chelsea Michigan 48118Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 475-3911
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.72 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Washtenaw Regional Dialysis Ctr0.51 miles away5205 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (734) 434-9511
- Ypsilanti Dialysis of Davita1.38 miles away2766 Washtenaw Rd Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 528-9280
- Univ of Mi Dialysis - Pediatric2.66 miles away1540 E Hospital Dr Rm 10-712 Mott Hospital Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 232-5461
- Michigan Dialysis Services of Ann Arbor3.56 miles away2850 S Industrial Hwy Ste 100 Ann Arbor Michigan 48104Dialysis Stations: 17 (734) 677-1490
- Bio-Medical Applications of Michigan, Inc.3.82 miles away1266 Anna J Stepp Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 482-6901
- Ann Arbor Dialysis of Davita5.34 miles away3147 Oak Valley Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48108Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 213-5269
- Fmc Dialysis - West Ann Arbor5.7 miles away2355 W Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor Michigan 48103Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 623-2259
- Nehall Dialysis LLC9.78 miles away10850 Belleville Rd Belleville Michigan 48111Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 697-7604