ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park is the only option we were able to find in Allen Park, Michigan. With an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the more impressive facilities we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very impressive short-term care grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing grade weighs many factors, but the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park?
We awarded this facility a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. In this area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This actually was this facility's least impressive category. In the category of long-term care, we focus more on the amount of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 99.609375 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 3.47% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 91.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr1.67 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Davita - Southgate2.08 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC2.12 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor2.67 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor2.71 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services3.47 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Dearborn at Home4.41 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn4.43 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100