ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park is the only option we were able to find in Allen Park, Michigan. With an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Allen Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing actually ended up being its best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A-. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A- for our short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are critical for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a B-. Although this is its least impressive category rating, this is still nothing to be ashamed of. In determining our long-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's personal care services. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated just 87.79527 percent of its residents, which is slightly concerning. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 1.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 9.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 20.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 1.52% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 93.9% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 9.79% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 20.97% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 0.06 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 20.97% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 5.21% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation Allen Park, 86.21% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr1.67 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933
- Davita - Southgate2.08 miles away14752 Northline Rd Southgate Michigan 48195CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (734) 284-0005
- Lincoln Park Kidney Center LLC2.12 miles away1491 Southfield Rd Lincoln Park Michigan 48146Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 928-4560
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor2.67 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor2.71 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services3.47 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Dearborn at Home4.41 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn4.43 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100