ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania is one of seven facilities located in Sylvania, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B, this looks like a good option. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Sylvania. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of A- for short-term care. In crafting our short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in that category. This is a fair grade in this area. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 91.095894 percent of its patients. This is somewhat below what we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Sylvania, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sylvania, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.92 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Davita - Flower Dialysis0.05 miles away5308 Harroun Rd., Suite 60 Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 824-6074
- Dialysis Centers of Greater Toledo1.47 miles away7635 W. Sylvania Avenue Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 517-2002
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis3.37 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate3.56 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.3.57 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Davita - West Toledo4.47 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.49 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis4.58 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995