ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania is one of only two available facilities in Sylvania, Ohio. With an overall grade of C, this looks like a solid nursing home. You can definitely do worse than this place. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sylvania senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility excelled in the area of short-term care, with an impressive grade of A- in this area. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was long-term care, which is a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this facility an D for long-term care. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 84.9315 percent of its residents. This is significantly less than average. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 7% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 4.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 3.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 12.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 89.06% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 17.36% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 23.26% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 23.26% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 13.11% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Sylvania, 65.24% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.92 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Davita - Flower Dialysis0.05 miles away5308 Harroun Rd., Suite 60 Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 824-6074
- Dialysis Centers of Greater Toledo1.47 miles away7635 W. Sylvania Avenue Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 517-2002
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis3.37 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate3.56 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.3.57 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Davita - West Toledo4.47 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.49 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis4.58 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995