Healthcare Center of Bella Vista is a small nursing home located in Ontario, California. With an overall grade of B, this looks like a good nursing home. In fact, we found this facility to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Ontario, which has a city grade of B-. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Healthcare Center of Bella Vista
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Ontario senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we especially want to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Building on its impressive resume, this place also excelled in our nursing category. We awarded it an B+ for that category. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Healthcare Center of Bella Vista?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area is its short-term care score, where it received a B-. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most important for folks in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility was given a B- for long-term care, which is generally an acceptable rating. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Healthcare Center of Bella Vista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 1.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 4.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 21.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 16.88% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 7.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 3.24% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 3.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 94.95% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Ontario, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Ontario, California has 3 other nursing homes
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Davita-Upland Dialysis1.03 miles away600 N. 13th Avenue Upland California 91786CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 946-3802
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.1.89 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2.3 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.73 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Ontario Dialysis3.37 miles away1950 South Grove Avenue, Suite 101 Ontario California 91761CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 930-5566
- Fmc-Rancho Cucamonga3.48 miles away10532 Acacia Street, Suite b2-b3 Rancho Cucamonga California 91730CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 987-8887
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.61 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- u.s. Renal Care Dialysis Center of Ontario3.89 miles away2850 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C Ontario California 91764CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 476-2638