Healthcare Center of Bella Vista is a small nursing home located in Ontario, California. With an overall grade of B+, this looks like a very good facility. In fact, we found this facility to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Ontario, which has a city grade of B. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Healthcare Center of Bella Vista
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A. Nursing grades are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving patients more frequently.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Healthcare Center of Bella Vista?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was given a decent short-term care grade. While this was not nearly as strong as a few of its other category grades, this is truly not a terrible score. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 3.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Healthcare Center of Bella Vista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have experienced falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 4.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 95.72% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Ontario, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Ontario, California has 3 other nursing homes
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Davita-Upland Dialysis1.03 miles away600 N. 13th Avenue Upland California 91786CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 946-3802
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.1.89 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2.3 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.73 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Ontario Dialysis3.37 miles away1950 South Grove Avenue, Suite 101 Ontario California 91761CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 930-5566
- Fmc-Rancho Cucamonga3.48 miles away10532 Acacia Street, Suite b2-b3 Rancho Cucamonga California 91730CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 987-8887
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.61 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- u.s. Renal Care Dialysis Center of Ontario3.89 miles away2850 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C Ontario California 91764CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 476-2638