Healthcare Center of Bella Vista is a small nursing home located in Ontario, California. With an overall grade of B-, this looks like a decent facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Ontario. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Healthcare Center of Bella Vista
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
933 East Deodar Street,
Ontario CA 91764
88.3% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with an A-. This is a much better score than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care grade appears to be one of its best scores. The facility was given a grade of B- in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Healthcare Center of Bella Vista?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Finally, nursing scores also consider quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, where we gave this facility a grade of C in this category. In determining our long-term care scores, we scrutinize the personal care offered to a nursing home's patients. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Healthcare Center of Bella Vista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Healthcare Center of Bella Vista, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Ontario, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Ontario, California has 3 other nursing homes
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Davita-Upland Dialysis1.03 miles away600 N. 13th Avenue Upland California 91786CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 946-3802
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.1.89 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2.3 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.73 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Ontario Dialysis3.37 miles away1950 South Grove Avenue, Suite 101 Ontario California 91761CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 930-5566
- Fmc-Rancho Cucamonga3.48 miles away10532 Acacia Street, Suite b2-b3 Rancho Cucamonga California 91730CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 987-8887
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.61 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- u.s. Renal Care Dialysis Center of Ontario3.89 miles away2850 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C Ontario California 91764CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 476-2638