Health Center at Sinai Residences is a senior living facility located in Boca Raton, Florida, which has a total of 210,202 people. Featuring an overall score of A-, this nursing home is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. This proved to be one of the top five nursing homes in the city. This nursing home also received very consistent grades in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Health Center at Sinai Residences
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
21044 95th Avenue South,
Boca Raton FL 33428
78.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite resume, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, it received a grade of A in that category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Health Center at Sinai Residences?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. When calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are with residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
In the last category we looked at, we found that this nursing home earned a solid inspection report this year as well. As a result, it earned a decent grade in our inspection category with a B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health Center at Sinai Residences Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.76 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- West Boca Dialysis Center1.43 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center1.5 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.25 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.52 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.52 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton4.81 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis4.88 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Nkc Boca Raton, LLC5.76 miles away7525 North State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33073Dialysis Stations: 6 (561) 370-6290