Health Center at Sinai Residences is a senior living facility located in Boca Raton, Florida, which has a total of 210,202 people. Featuring an overall score of A, this nursing home is one of the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it ahead of the majority of the nursing homes in Boca Raton, which has as strong a group of nursing homes as any city in the country. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent facility with consistent scores in each of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Health Center at Sinai Residences
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Health Center at Sinai Residences?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our nursing score looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a score of A-. This wrapped up a straight A report card for this place. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health Center at Sinai Residences Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health Center at Sinai Residences, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.76 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- West Boca Dialysis Center1.43 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center1.5 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- Dialyze Direct Fl4.25 miles away1601 Clint Moore Ave #160 Boca Raton Florida 33487Dialysis Stations: 1 (561) 609-3100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC4.52 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc4.52 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton4.81 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis4.88 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Nkc Boca Raton, LLC5.76 miles away7525 North State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33073Dialysis Stations: 6 (561) 370-6290