Health Center at Bloomingdale is the lone facility we identified in Bloomingdale, New Jersey. This proved to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. This place truly has plenty working in its favor. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Health Center at Bloomingdale
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bloomingdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong facility is that it earned an impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Health Center at Bloomingdale?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category was its long-term care score, where it received a grade of B-. Long-term care scores are essential for patients in need of personal care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.4302 percent of its patients. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a C in this category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health Center at Bloomingdale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 6.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 10.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 14.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 10.09% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 98.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 10.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Many argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 19.04% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 19.04% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 7.49% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health Center at Bloomingdale, 82.25% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 12.1 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis7.57 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis9.35 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center10.08 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis10.68 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis10.74 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- Davita Radburn Dialysis10.8 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis10.86 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC10.94 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452