Health Care Center Lucy Corr is located in Chesterfield, Virginia. It looks like this is a quality facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Health Care Center Lucy Corr
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chesterfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled in our long-term care category, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes did better in this area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.37008 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ for that area, which is one of our highest grades. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Health Care Center Lucy Corr?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is generally a solid measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The last area we rated was nursing. This nursing home was awarded an above average nursing rating in our assessment, with a grade of C. While this was not nearly as elite as some of its other category grades, this is still a decent rating for that area. In determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health Care Center Lucy Corr Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 8.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 15.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 19.63% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 5.07% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 88.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 17.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 18.14% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 18.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 12.25 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health Care Center Lucy Corr, 74.96% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Cjw Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away7101 Jahnke Road Richmond Virginia 23235Proprietary(804) 320-3911
- Bon Secours St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away13710 St Francis Boulevard Midlothian Virginia 23114Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 594-7400
- Bon Secours Richmond Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.35 miles away1500 N. 28th Street Richmond Virginia 23223Voluntary non-profit - Private(804) 225-1700
- John Randolph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away411 West Randolph Road Hopewell Virginia 23860Proprietary(804) 541-1600
- Bon Secours St Marys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away5801 Bremo Rd Richmond Virginia 23226Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 285-2011
- Henrico Doctors' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away1602 Skipwith Road Henrico Virginia 23229Voluntary non-profit - Other(804) 289-4500
- Southside Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away200 Medical Park Boulevard Petersburg Virginia 23805Proprietary(804) 765-5000
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away8260 Atlee Road Mechanicsville Virginia 23116Voluntary non-profit - Church(804) 764-6000
- Davita Chester Dialysis0.84 miles away10360 Ironbridge Rd Chester Virginia 23831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (804) 768-6770
- Hopkins Road Dialysis4.53 miles away5750 Hopkins Road Richmond Virginia 23234Dialysis Stations: 17 (804) 275-8631
- Fresenius Kidney Care Richmond South5.58 miles away5802 Jefferson Davis Hwy Richmond Virginia 23234Dialysis Stations: 13 (804) 271-4718
- Davita - Hioaks Dialysis9.03 miles away671 Hioaks Rd Ste A Richmond Virginia 23225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (804) 272-0179
- Charter Colony Dialysis Center9.65 miles away2312 Colony Crossing Pl Midlothian Virginia 23112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (804) 739-6383
- Livingston Dialysis LLC9.67 miles away4900 Forest Hill Ave Richmond Virginia 23225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (804) 230-3594
- Usrc Colonial Heights LLC10.23 miles away1617 Boulevard Suites B & C Colonial Heights Virginia 23834CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (804) 520-1627
- Total Renal Care - East End11.29 miles away2201 E Main St Richmond Virginia 23223Dialysis Stations: 6 (804) 643-3050