With an address in Cupertino, California, Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio is the lone nursing home we were able to find in the city. This facility made our top 500 list of the top facilities in the nation. With over 15,000 nursing homes in the country, this is an impressive subset of nursing homes. Based on our ratings, this facility is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to find this place's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cupertino senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Cupertino, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Cupertino, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Cupertino, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. In computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received dominant marks in the area of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our most impressive grades in that area with a score of A+. Short-term care grades are often used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio?
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. It received one of our highest scores in that area with an impressive grade of A+. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our long-term care grade. This topped off a very impressive profile. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 5.83% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 95.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 4.79 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis3.02 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View3.2 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Wellbound of Mountain View3.2 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale4.81 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center5.06 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis5.94 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- San Jose at Home5.96 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center6.02 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103