With an address in Cupertino, California, Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio is one of only three facilities in the city. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home number 48 in the United States. This puts it in the top one percentile of all facilities. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to find this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled at short-term care. We gave them a grade of A+ in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is typically a meaningful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
The final category we looked at was inspections, where this nursing home also received an A+. This is as good as it gets in this important category. Furthermore, this nursing home is elite any way you want to slice it, as it received a perfect report card with straight A+'s across the board. Our inspection scores are tied to data points located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 95.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Health Care Center at the Forum at Rancho San Antonio, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 4.79 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis3.02 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View3.2 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Wellbound of Mountain View3.2 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale4.81 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center5.06 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis5.94 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- San Jose at Home5.96 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center6.02 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103