Hcc at White Horse Village is in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is the most impressive grade we offer. We were impressed enough to rate this nursing home as one of the top 50 nursing homes in Pennsylvania. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Hcc at White Horse Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this facility an A+. We weighed the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses were with residents, in determining our grade in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Hcc at White Horse Village?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this facility also excelled in this category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for that category. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this facility received an excellent long-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of A- in this area, giving this facility straight A's. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 88.554214 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hcc at White Horse Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 12.68 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Riddle Dialysis Center3.04 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester5.7 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis5.93 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis6.78 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc6.85 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.6.86 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.7.84 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Upland Dialysis Center7.87 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825