With an address in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, Hcc at White Horse Village is the lone nursing home located in the city. Featuring an overall score of A, this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded nursing homes we found. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. Headlining this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Hcc at White Horse Village
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
535 Gradyville Road,
Newtown Square PA 19073
83.5% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A+. Our nursing score includes a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provided 4.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is among the more impressive totals in the country. A significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the more skilled levels of nurses. We are really impressed by both of these statistics. On top of offering high levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any facility in the state when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Hcc at White Horse Village?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. Contributing to its strong profile, this nursing home also performed well in this category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- in that area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. This nursing home's vaccination statistics weren't as favorable as its nursing hours. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 90 percent of its residents. We would love to see some improvement in this area next year. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.63 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home was awarded a very strong short-term care score. Even though this was not nearly as dominant as several of its other scores, this is still one of our more impressive grades a facility can receive. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. When we assessed this facility's nursing hours, we found it offered substantially more care from registered nurses than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 39 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hcc at White Horse Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 3.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 89.35% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hcc at White Horse Village, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 12.68 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Riddle Dialysis Center3.04 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester5.7 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis5.93 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis6.78 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc6.85 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.6.86 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.7.84 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Upland Dialysis Center7.87 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825