Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a small facility located in Monongahela, Pennsylvania. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong here. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal ratings in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home has earned excellent health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine resume, this nursing home also was given a strong short-term care grade, with a grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most critical for residents needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It performed more favorably than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we assessed was nursing, where this facility was given a grade of B. Even though this proved to be its weakest category score, this is nevertheless an impressive score. When determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 88.5% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.54 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 12.9 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mon Valley2.64 miles awayVista One Professionai Center 17 Arentzen Boulevard, Suite 105 Charleroi Pennsylvania 15022CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 489-0850
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Donora3.13 miles away470 Galiffa Drive Donora Pennsylvania 15033Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 379-7650
- Davita - Elizabeth Dialysis7.21 miles away201 Mckeesport Road Elizabeth Pennsylvania 15037Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 384-1822
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Clairton8.42 miles awaySouth Hills Medical Building 575 Coal Valley Road, Suite 262 Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 469-7011
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Redstone/Centerville9.61 miles away685b National Pike W. Brownsville Pennsylvania 15417Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 632-5800
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis10.81 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis11.96 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007
- Davita - Lincoln Way Dialysis12.46 miles away1303 Lincoln Way, Suite A Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15131Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 673-1191