Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a small facility located in Monongahela, Pennsylvania. With an B+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this facility. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Monongahela senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this place also received top notch health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better grades in this area, with an A. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded a very impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, short-term care turned out to be its second highest category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our short-term care grade is often used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. However, even in its worst category we still gave it a decent grade of C in long-term care. In forming these long-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's personal care services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home provided the vaccine to just 88 percent of its patients, which is quite a bit lower than we expected. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.01% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 90.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 18.28% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.77% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.77% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.22% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Havencrest Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 67.4% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.54 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 12.9 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 18.6 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mon Valley2.64 miles awayVista One Professionai Center 17 Arentzen Boulevard, Suite 105 Charleroi Pennsylvania 15022CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 489-0850
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Donora3.13 miles away470 Galiffa Drive Donora Pennsylvania 15033Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 379-7650
- Davita - Elizabeth Dialysis7.21 miles away201 Mckeesport Road Elizabeth Pennsylvania 15037Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 384-1822
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Clairton8.42 miles awaySouth Hills Medical Building 575 Coal Valley Road, Suite 262 Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 469-7011
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Redstone/Centerville9.61 miles away685b National Pike W. Brownsville Pennsylvania 15417Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 632-5800
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis10.81 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis11.96 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007
- Davita - Lincoln Way Dialysis12.46 miles away1303 Lincoln Way, Suite A Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15131Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 673-1191