Haven of Tucson is located in Tucson, Arizona. The city provides a host of nursing home options. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. We were pleased to find out that this was in line with the other facilities in Tucson, which is one of the better cities in Arizona to find a nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Haven of Tucson
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3705 North Swan Road,
Tucson AZ 85718
48.64% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Tucson, Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Haven of Tucson?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. It received one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a grade of A-. For residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility's weakest area was nursing, which is the final area we assessed. For this category, we gave this facility a D. We would like to to draw your attention to this potential weakness, however, you should not dwell on one bad category either. Our nursing grade consists of a handful of data points, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Haven of Tucson Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Haven of Tucson, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Haven of Tucson, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 21 other nursing homes
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 1.62 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.77 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 7.41 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Swan Dialysis2.17 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)2.64 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)2.82 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- East Tucson (Fmc)3.27 miles away5555 E 5th St #155 Tucson Arizona 85711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 790-0461
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit3.84 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Tucson East Dialysis (Dva)4.38 miles away6420 E Broadway Blvd Ste c300 Tucson Arizona 85710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (520) 790-2775
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)4.8 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)5 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266