Haven Homes of Maple Plain is located in Maple Plain, Minnesota. This city has a population of 5,954 people. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. Based on our ratings, this facility is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Haven Homes of Maple Plain
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1520 Wyman Avenue,
Maple Plain MN 55359
86.71% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a impressive long-term care score. In fact, this is this facility's second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.969696 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Haven Homes of Maple Plain?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. The nursing grade features numerous factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 4.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which was among the highest totals we found. Finally, this nursing home also performed well in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In terms of the number of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, this place performed better than the national average.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility was awarded an extremely favorable short-term care grade. We gave it a grade of A- in this area, rounding out a straight A profile. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is generally a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Haven Homes of Maple Plain Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 6.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 4.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 2.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 16.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 12.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 4.55% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 94.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 13.22% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 19.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 19.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Haven Homes of Maple Plain, 76.23% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Ridgeview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away500 South Maple Street Waconia Minnesota 55387Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 442-2191
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.77 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.37 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.97 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek9.83 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita10.16 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis11.17 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita12.44 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.12.51 miles away3000 Hundertmark Rd Suite 6 Chaska Minnesota 55318Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 443-3191
- Fresenius Medical Care - Waconia Dialysis12.95 miles away560 S Maple St, Ste 6 Waconia Minnesota 55387Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 442-4605
- Davita - New Hope13.51 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita14.21 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411