Hathorne Hill is an average-sized nursing home located in Danvers, Massachusetts. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Danvers, which has a decent selection of facilities. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also quite good.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Danvers, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Danvers, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care grades are generally used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Nursing scores are mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hathorne Hill?
This nursing home also earned excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best grades in that category, with a grade of A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. We wish we had more information about this nursing home. Without complete deficiency related data, it is challenging to grade this nursing home in the inspections category.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B. Although this wasn't on par with many of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable score. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.644295 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hathorne Hill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hathorne Hill, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hathorne Hill, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hathorne Hill, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hathorne Hill, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hathorne Hill, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hathorne Hill, 1.93% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hathorne Hill, 91.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hathorne Hill, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hathorne Hill, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Hathorne Hill, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hathorne Hill, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hathorne Hill, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hathorne Hill, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Danvers, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Danvers, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers1.51 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Peabody Dialysis Center4.36 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center4.84 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis6.12 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)8.45 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham8.74 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home11.63 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Davita Woburn Dialysis11.95 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700