Hathorne Hill is an average-sized nursing home located in Danvers, Massachusetts. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the country. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Danvers senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Danvers, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Danvers, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for short-term care. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A-. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. It does not appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency related data, it is difficult to fully assess this facility in the area of inspections.
Does this page answer your questions about Hathorne Hill?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ in this category. This topped off a very strong report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.95105 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hathorne Hill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hathorne Hill, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hathorne Hill, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hathorne Hill, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hathorne Hill, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hathorne Hill, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hathorne Hill, 2.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hathorne Hill, 91.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hathorne Hill, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hathorne Hill, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Hathorne Hill, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hathorne Hill, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hathorne Hill, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hathorne Hill, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers1.51 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Peabody Dialysis Center4.36 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center4.84 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis6.12 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)8.45 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham8.74 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home11.63 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Davita Woburn Dialysis11.95 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700