Haskell Care Center is a facility located in Haskell, Oklahoma, a city with a total of 5,078 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. Based on our analysis, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Haskell Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Haskell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a strong nursing home is that it received a very impressive long-term care score. In fact, long-term care ended up being its best category. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 94.927536 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Haskell Care Center?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in short-term care, rendering this the nursing home's worst grade. In our short-term care grade, we seek to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it offers less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Haskell Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Haskell Care Center, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Haskell Care Center, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Haskell Care Center, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Haskell Care Center, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Haskell Care Center, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Haskell Care Center, 4.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Haskell Care Center, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Haskell Care Center, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Haskell Care Center, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Haskell Care Center, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Haskell Care Center, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
- Saint Francis Hospital MuskogeeAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away300 Rockefeller Drive Muskogee Oklahoma 74401Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 682-5501
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 18.13 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Wagoner Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.59 miles away1200 West Cherokee Street Wagoner Oklahoma 74467Government - Hospital District or Authority(918) 485-5514
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.68 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.89 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Fmcna - Muskogee15.94 miles away3371 W Broadway Muskogee Oklahoma 74401CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 682-2272
- Davita - Muskogee Community Dialysis Ctr16.3 miles away2316 W Shawnee St Muskogee Oklahoma 74401CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 687-0016
- Davita - Berkshire at Home16.37 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis17.24 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis17.76 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Davita - Broken Arrow17.94 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Davita - Wagoner Dialysis18.2 miles away402 S Wall Street Wagoner Oklahoma 74467Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 485-4363
- Davita - Southcrest18.37 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402