Located in Lakewood, New Jersey, Harrogate is one of five available nursing homes in the area. This proved to be an A rated facility. It received one of the top grades we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. This is just about as good of a facility as you're going to find. This place also received very consistent grades in all of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also received an excellent short-term care grade, with a score of A. In calculating these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Harrogate?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade is based on many subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home also performed admirably in our long-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ for this category. This finalized a very strong profile. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 97.07317 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harrogate Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harrogate, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harrogate, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harrogate, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harrogate, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harrogate, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harrogate, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harrogate, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harrogate, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harrogate, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In Harrogate, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harrogate, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harrogate, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harrogate, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Lakewood, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lakewood, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis2.48 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River3.71 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Physicians Dialysis Brick3.73 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Meridian-Fresenius Dialysis at Brick4.32 miles away1640 Route 88 Suite 102 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (732) 785-2690
- Shining Star Davita Bricktown Dc4.39 miles away525 Jack Martin Boulevard Suite 200 Brick New Jersey 08724CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 836-9669
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)5.77 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center5.79 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis7.85 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055