Harris Health Care Center North is a small facility located in Central Falls, Rhode Island. With an overall grade of B+, this nursing home is one of the 50 best nursing homes in Rhode Island. Based on the data we reviewed, you can do much worse than this facility. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive long-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harris Health Care Center North
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Central Falls senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Central Falls, Rhode Island Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home received even higher grades in long-term care. In fact, it received one of our best grades in that area with an impressive grade of A-. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 58.55856 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an B+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Harris Health Care Center North?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home received a high-end short-term care rating. This nursing home didn't prove to have any noticeable weaknesses. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harris Health Care Center North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harris Health Care Center North, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harris Health Care Center North, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harris Health Care Center North, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harris Health Care Center North, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harris Health Care Center North, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harris Health Care Center North, 2.02% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harris Health Care Center North, 93.99% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harris Health Care Center North, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harris Health Care Center North, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harris Health Care Center North, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 7.32 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket1.56 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Nna - Pawtucket1.67 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Davita North Providence Renal Center3.82 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence3.9 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island5.23 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital5.62 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence5.93 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC6.05 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041