Harmony Pointe Nursing Center is a large facility located in Denver, Colorado. With an overall grade of D, this is a well below average facility. Keep in mind that Denver received a city grade of B, so should look at other options in the city as well. The only positive thing we can say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harmony Pointe Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Harmony Pointe Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we wanted to note its decent government inspections in recent years. We gave it a relatively respectable grade of B- in that area. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. There are a variety of datapoints included in this area. Many of the datapoints are tied to staffing levels. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Harmony Pointe Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its next most favorable category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this area, which is an acceptable score. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The real question is whether this also affected quality of care. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a B- in that area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.51381 percent of its patients. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harmony Pointe Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 2.66% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 1.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 1.39% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced a UTI. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 12.19% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 9.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 2.29% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 97.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 18.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 15% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harmony Pointe Nursing Center, 79.63% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 39 other nursing homes
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)0.68 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Mile High Pd (Dva)0.68 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)1.89 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)2.46 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3.09 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.43 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)3.44 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)4.71 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204