Harmony Physical Rehabilitation is a very-small non-profit facility located in Monroeville, Pennsylvania. This facility received a concerning overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Monroeville. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Harmony Physical Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Harmony Physical Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall score was not a highlight, it received a somewhat respectable grade in the area of inspections. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not bad. Our inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an B-. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared to most other nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Harmony Physical Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category turned out to be short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last category, this facility was awarded a decent long-term care score of C. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harmony Physical Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harmony Physical Rehabilitation, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harmony Physical Rehabilitation, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Monroeville, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Monroeville, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 0.61 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.56 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Davita Monroeville Dialysis1.3 miles away2690 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (412) 856-5950
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Five Points1.3 miles away2534 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 823-5422
- Davita - Penn Hills Dialysis4.55 miles away202 Rodi Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (412) 371-1102
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Penn Hills4.57 miles away11624 Keleket Drive Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 244-3931
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.5.33 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - North Versailles6.12 miles away613 East Pittsburgh Mckeesport Boulevard North Versailles Pennsylvania 15137Dialysis Stations: 19 (412) 675-0960
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville6.45 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Davita - Mckeesport Dialysis7.5 miles awayOak Park Mall 2001 Lincoln Way Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 678-0183