Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Springfield, Pennsylvania. With an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Springfield. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
463 West Sproul Road,
Springfield PA 19064
75.7% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we gave it a B- for our inspections rating. This grade is better than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing grades are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In our short-term care grade, we strive to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this category. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 62.5 percent of its patients. This is quite a bit below what we expected. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harlee Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 8.42 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.2 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis2.5 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Providence Square Home Training2.68 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis3.05 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Davita - Woodlyn Dialysis3.74 miles away1310 Macdade Blvd. Woodlyn Pennsylvania 19094Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 833-1713
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.4.19 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sharon Hill, LLC4.44 miles away700 Chester Pike Sharon Hill Pennsylvania 19079Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 532-2935
- Riddle Dialysis Center4.56 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701