Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. The city offers a host of nursing home options. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this appears to be a middle of the road nursing home. This place has a few things working in its favor. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection score was far better than its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it an A-. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a grade of B in our short-term care category. This is one of our more impressive scores. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation?
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. The nursing score weighs many subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last area is long-term care, in which we awarded this facility a C in this area. Our long-term care scores are more important for people in need of more traditional assistance associated with personal care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.3007 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.29% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.35% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 5.2% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 98.98% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.86% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 9.83% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 9.83% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harcourt Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 74.49% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 10.06 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North0.85 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC1.88 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis2.17 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center4.37 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Fmc - Carmel4.93 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living5.23 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis5.44 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC5.51 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231