With an address in Noblesville, Indiana, Harbour Manor & The Lodge is one of just a few facilities in the area. This facility was given an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely isn't a fit for anyone. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Harbour Manor & The Lodge
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1667 Sheridan Rd,
Noblesville IN 46060
89.37% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this facility a poor overall grade, we gave it a B+ for our inspections category. This was the result of the facility receiving a quality inspection report this year. Our inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade and that actually wound up as its second most respectable score. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 94.52737 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Harbour Manor & The Lodge?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second least favorable score was short-term care, where it received just a D in that area. This is a well below average score. In our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. With its score in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The next category we graded was nursing. This facility received a poor grade of F in that area. We looked at the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in computing our score in this category. This place provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harbour Manor & The Lodge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 91.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harbour Manor & The Lodge, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital IncCritical Access Hospitals 14.7 miles away1000 S Main St Tipton Indiana 46072Voluntary non-profit - Other(765) 675-8500
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis1.5 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis7.93 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC8.13 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living8.16 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Fmc - Carmel8.58 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis8.84 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis11.49 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Shadeland Station12.16 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401