Located in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd is one of six available nursing homes in the area. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a decent nursing home. The nursing homes in Lansdale received a city grade of B+ so this isn't the only good option in the city. The best part of this facility's profile is is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection score was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a B+ in our long-term care category. This is one of our higher scores. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 98.59155 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care. We awarded this facility a D for our short-term care category, making this the nursing home's weakest grade. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We found that this place was below average in many staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harborview Rehabilitation and Care Center at Lansd, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Lansdale, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lansdale, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.42 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale0.75 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson1.59 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita North Wales Dialysis1.91 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton7.28 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown7.8 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.39 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East8.94 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis9.16 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950