Located in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale is one of just a few available nursing homes there. Sporting an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. Based on our analysis, there are certainly far worse places out there. The best part of this facility's report card is is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lansdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection scores are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The second most favorable area we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. With our long-term care score, we look at the amount of services offered by a facility, as well as some qualitative statistics. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 89.882355 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly less than what we expected. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. The nursing score consists of quite a few components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, while this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care, which is this nursing home's worst category. We gave it an F in this category, which is clearly very disappointing. Our short-term care grades are presumably more critical for those in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 1.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 1.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that have had falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 20.97% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 18.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 0.24% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. High rates of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 89.28% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 32.53% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 41.17% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 41.17% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 3.51% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harborview Rehab & Care at Lansdale, 65.06% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.42 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.11 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale0.75 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson1.59 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Davita North Wales Dialysis1.91 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton7.28 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown7.8 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.39 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East8.94 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis9.16 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950