AdviniaCare Venice is a small nursing home in Venice, Florida. Featuring an overall rating of A, this nursing home is one of the highest graded nursing homes in Venice. This is an impressive achievement given that the city features plenty of very good nursing homes. You really can't do much better than this nursing home. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care ratings are likely more meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about AdviniaCare Venice?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. The nursing score weighs many datapoints, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is long-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility an above average grade of B. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
AdviniaCare Venice Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In AdviniaCare Venice, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In AdviniaCare Venice, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In AdviniaCare Venice, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In AdviniaCare Venice, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In AdviniaCare Venice, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In AdviniaCare Venice, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In AdviniaCare Venice, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In AdviniaCare Venice, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In AdviniaCare Venice, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In AdviniaCare Venice, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In AdviniaCare Venice, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In AdviniaCare Venice, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Venice, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Venice, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Englewood Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.66 miles away700 Medical Blvd Englewood Florida 34223Proprietary(941) 475-6571
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.18 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.96 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Rtc - Venice0.11 miles away816 Pinebrook Rd Venice Florida 34285Dialysis Stations: 23 (941) 486-9057
- Fmc - Venice2.69 miles away1120 Indian Hills Blvd Venice Florida 34293CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 493-5969
- Fresenius Medical Care North Port, LLC9.96 miles away12480 Tamiami Trail South North Port Florida 34287Dialysis Stations: 13 (941) 564-3224
- Palm Breeze Dialysis11.14 miles away14942 Tamiami Trail Suite G North Port Florida 34287Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 429-0443
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center14.08 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails14.92 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Us Renal Care Sarasota16.31 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Fmc - Port Charlotte18.95 miles away2020 Tamiami Trail Port Charlotte Florida 33948CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (941) 255-0371