Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. With an overall rating of C, this appears to be a respectable nursing home. We wanted to point out that Fort Lauderdale received a city grade of B, so you may wish to look at other options in the city as well. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fort Lauderdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
It should be noted that this facility's inspection rating outpaced its overall grade. We awarded it a grade of B+ for its inspections grade, which is a very solid score. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care score turns out to be one of its respectable scores. The nursing home was awarded a B- in this category. Our short-term care grades are vital for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our nursing rating includes a number of datapoints. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this nursing home really didn't fare very well. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is this nursing home's worst grade. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 10.18 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- East Ft Lauderdale Dialysis Center LLC0.54 miles away1301 S Andrews Ave Suite 101 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33315CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 761-1273
- Fmc Dialysis Services - Ft Lauderdale2.79 miles away3863 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33312CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 321-7772
- Broward Dialysis3.25 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- Kidney Kare Outpatient Services3.52 miles away326 E Dania Beach Blvd Dania Florida 33004Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 923-3855
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale4.47 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care-East Fort Lauderdale4.97 miles away2301 W Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33311Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 676-3897
- Lauderhill Dialysis5.95 miles away2916 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33313CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 731-6044
- South Florida Dialysis6.01 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500