Hampton Woods Nursing Center is a small nursing home located in Youngstown, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B+, this is a strong nursing home. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hampton Woods Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Youngstown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our better scores. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.924736 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Hampton Woods Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave it one of our higher scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
The last category we graded is nursing. We awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade in this area, with a grade of C. While this is not as strong as some of its other scores, it is still not a poor grade. The nursing rating considers numerous subcategories. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, while this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hampton Woods Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that have had a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 88.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 14 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 14.16 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.65 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.46 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.73 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.0.86 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - North Lima2.22 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC2.68 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis3.61 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.5.31 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg6.76 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc - Youngstown9.2 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Fmc- Austintown10.35 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150