Hampton Woods Nursing Center is a small nursing home located in Youngstown, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B-, this appears to be a respectable nursing home. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Youngstown. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Hampton Woods Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received high marks in the category of long-term care, with an elite grade of A- in this area. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hampton Woods Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable category we gave this facility in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The next category we rated is nursing. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is a very poor grade. This is clearly a significant disappointment. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. With a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hampton Woods Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 20% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hampton Woods Nursing Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 21 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.55 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 14.16 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.65 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.46 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.73 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.0.86 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - North Lima2.22 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC2.68 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis3.61 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.5.31 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg6.76 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc - Youngstown9.2 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Fmc- Austintown10.35 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150