Hammonds Lane Center is the lone facility we were able to find in Brooklyn, Maryland. Featuring an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the better nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the country. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Hammonds Lane Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Our short-term care grades are presumably most critical for people in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. There are numerous datapoints included in this category. Many of the datapoints reflect levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Hammonds Lane Center?
This nursing home has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this facility also performed admirably in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 94.13793 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hammonds Lane Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hammonds Lane Center, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hammonds Lane Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hammonds Lane Center, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which have sustained urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hammonds Lane Center, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hammonds Lane Center, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hammonds Lane Center, 10.18% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hammonds Lane Center, 92.14% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hammonds Lane Center, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hammonds Lane Center, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hammonds Lane Center, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hammonds Lane Center, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hammonds Lane Center, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Saint Agnes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away900 Caton Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21229Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 368-2101
- Umd Baltimore Washington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away301 Hospital Drive Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 595-1967
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 6.28 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Glen Burnie Home Training2.72 miles away6934 Aviation Blvd Suite H Glen Burnie Maryland 21061Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 760-4976
- Glen Burnie Dialysis2.72 miles away6934 Aviation Blvd Ste K Glen Burnie Maryland 21061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 553-6951
- Davita - Harbor Park Dialysis2.76 miles away111 Cherry Hill Rd Brooklyn Maryland 21225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 354-3037
- Concerto Maryland, LLC3.92 miles away1531 S Edgewood St Suite 302 Halethorpe Maryland 21227Dialysis Stations: 2 (443) 364-4362
- Davita - Catonsville4.1 miles away1581 Sulphur Spring Rd Ste 112 Halethorpe Maryland 21227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (410) 242-7766
- Idf - Arundel Center4.56 miles away804 Landmark Drive Ste 112 Glen Burnie Maryland 21061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (410) 768-5722
- Bon Secours Hospital5.23 miles awayRenal Dialysis Unit 2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (410) 362-3094
- Idf - Parkview Center5.31 miles away840 Hollins St Baltimore Maryland 21201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 468-0900