The Village at Hamilton Pointe is in Newburgh, Indiana. The city has a total of 34,423 people. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this looks like a middle of the road nursing home. In a city without a great selection of nursing homes, this facility turned out to be better than most of the alternatives in Newburgh. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive short-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
The Village at Hamilton Pointe
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility an A- for our short-term care rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. Our nursing score is mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Hamilton Pointe?
This facility's third best category grade came in the area of government inspections. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this facility received a respectable long-term care grade of B-. Our long-term care grade focuses on a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the highly skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.81423 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Hamilton Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 91.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village at Hamilton Pointe, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Newburgh, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Newburgh, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Women's Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.43 miles away4199 Gateway Blvd Newburgh Indiana 47630Proprietary(812) 842-4200
- St Vincent EvansvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away3700 Washington Ave Evansville Indiana 47750Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 485-4000
- Deaconess Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away600 Mary St Evansville Indiana 47747Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 450-5000
- St Vincent WarrickCritical Access Hospitals 10.92 miles away1116 Millis Ave Boonville Indiana 47601Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 897-4800
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away1305 N Elm St Henderson Kentucky 42420Voluntary non-profit - Church(270) 827-7700
- Davita - Newburgh Dialysis3.01 miles away4311 Hwy 261, Suite A Newburgh Indiana 47630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (812) 853-2010
- Davita - East Evansville Dialysis3.26 miles away1312 Professional Boulevard Suite 100 Evansville Indiana 47714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 491-6300
- Fmc - Ohio Valley Dialysis Center6.28 miles away230 Bellemeade Avenue Evansville Indiana 47713Dialysis Stations: 18 (812) 425-4111
- Lofield Dialysis LLC6.37 miles away800 N. Main St. Evansville Indiana 47711Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 423-5368
- Davita - North Evansville Dialysis7.51 miles away1151 West Buena Vista Road Evansville Indiana 47710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (812) 401-0140
- Lofield Dialysis, LLC10.5 miles away5301 Pearl Drive Evansville Indiana 47712Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 467-0161
- Davita - Gardenside Dialysis12.47 miles away70 N Gardenmile Road Henderson Kentucky 42420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (270) 830-0050
- Bridgeview Dialysis17.41 miles away2480 Us Highway 41 N Suite J Henderson Kentucky 42420Dialysis Stations: 12 (270) 830-8061