With over 20 facilities to choose from in Denver, Colorado, Hallmark Nursing Center is one of the multitude of facilities here. We awarded this nursing home a superb overall rating of A-. As a result, it is among the better facilities in Denver, which features plenty of quality nursing homes. We simply can not say enough favorable things about this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Hallmark Nursing Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3701 West Radcliff Avenue,
Denver CO 80236
62.93% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility received an A+ inspection rating. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We wish we had more data for this nursing home. Without having complete information regarding deficiencies, it is challenging to evaluate this nursing home in the area of inspections.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place excelled in these areas, with excellent scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Does this page answer your questions about Hallmark Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for its short-term care score. This is a very impressive rating. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is generally a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that it fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 55.2 percent of its residents returning home. At most facilities, less than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility received a respectable long-term care rating. While this wasn't quite as dominant as several of its other grades, this is truly nothing to be ashamed of. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 92.30769 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 1.59 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hallmark Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 3.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 2.12% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 12.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 3.71% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 85.88% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 20.54% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 20.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)2.37 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)3 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.43 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.87 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)4.91 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)5.33 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)5.38 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)5.5 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204