Hallmark Nursing Center is located in Denver, Colorado, which is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. With an overall score of A-, this is undoubtedly an impressive nursing home. Even in a city offering 42 other nursing homes, this nursing home caught our attention as a superb choice. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Hallmark Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not look like we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having access to all of the deficiency related data, it ended up being a challenge to fully evaluate this nursing home in this area.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our nursing rating is based on several datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hallmark Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this nursing home received a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A- in this category. Our short-term care scores are crucial for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at proved to be this facility's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- for long-term care. Long-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents seeking personal care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 84.02556 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hallmark Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 3.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 84.99% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hallmark Nursing Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)2.37 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)3 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.43 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.87 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)4.91 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)5.33 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)5.38 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)5.5 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204