Hales Corners Care Center is in Hales Corners, Wisconsin. This facility is one of the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. A score in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. We also gave this facility phenomenal scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Hales Corners Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many elite scores, this nursing home was given a strong short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this category. In forming our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hales Corners Care Center?
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a better than average nursing grade in our assessment, with a B. Although this is not nearly as good as some of its other category grades, this remains one of the more favorable scores for this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hales Corners Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hales Corners Care Center, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hales Corners Care Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hales Corners Care Center, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hales Corners Care Center, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hales Corners Care Center, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hales Corners Care Center, 6.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hales Corners Care Center, 92.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hales Corners Care Center, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hales Corners Care Center, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Hales Corners Care Center, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hales Corners Care Center, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hales Corners Care Center, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hales Corners Care Center, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 6.3 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 6.73 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - South Ridge1.36 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Davita - Loomis Rd3.43 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South4.65 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch5.06 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Fmc - Centre Point5.4 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Davita - Bluemound6.21 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Ryan Road6.74 miles away9420 S 22nd St Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 761-8080
- Davita - Oak Creek7.06 miles away8201 S Howell Ave, Suite 600 Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 762-3784