Hales Corners Care Center is in Hales Corners, Wisconsin. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is among the best scores that we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. This nursing home was also given phenomenal scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Hales Corners Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In computing our nursing grades, we factor in both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
This nursing home has earned near flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an A- in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Hales Corners Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its strong assessment, this facility also received an excellent short-term care grade, with a score of A-. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is this facility's poorest category. Nevertheless, even its weakest link would be a highlight for many facilities. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B for long-term care. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hales Corners Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hales Corners Care Center, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hales Corners Care Center, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hales Corners Care Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hales Corners Care Center, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hales Corners Care Center, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hales Corners Care Center, 6.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hales Corners Care Center, 92.96% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hales Corners Care Center, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hales Corners Care Center, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that mobility is important for residents' health.
In Hales Corners Care Center, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hales Corners Care Center, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hales Corners Care Center, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hales Corners Care Center, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 6.3 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 6.73 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Davita - South Ridge1.36 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Davita - Loomis Rd3.43 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South4.65 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch5.06 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Fmc - Centre Point5.4 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Davita - Bluemound6.21 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Ryan Road6.74 miles away9420 S 22nd St Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 761-8080
- Davita - Oak Creek7.06 miles away8201 S Howell Ave, Suite 600 Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 762-3784