With an address in Manchester, New Hampshire, Hackett Hill Healthcare Center is one of nine nursing homes in the area. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our best grades. In fact, this facility is one of the 50 best facilities in New Hampshire. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Hackett Hill Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
191 Hackett Hill Road,
Manchester NH 03102
88.42% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Manchester, New Hampshire Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this facility was given a high-end score of A in our short-term care area. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hackett Hill Healthcare Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In determining our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this facility's worst area. A nursing home is doing something right when their lowest score still outperforms most other facilities. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.386505 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hackett Hill Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 5.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who had falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 17.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 5.77% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 95.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 18.58% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 22.17% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 22.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 12.13 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hackett Hill Healthcare Center, 78.43% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Manchester, NH
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester, New Hampshire has 8 other nursing homes
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 11.25 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Manchester Kidney Center2.52 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Davita Manchester Dialysis3.51 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Bedford Dialysis Davita5.87 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis11.36 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry11.36 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)11.96 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center16.58 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.17.85 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547