Hacienda Nursing Facility is one of a host of options to choose from in Phoenix, Arizona. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a subpar facility. In our view, we'd struggle to recommend this facility. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Hacienda Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- For people with disabilities
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Hacienda Nursing Facility has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Note: Hacienda Nursing Facility has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Medical Transportation
Although we gave this nursing home a bad overall rating, we awarded it a somewhat respectable grade in the category of inspections, where it received a B-. This was quite a bit better than its other category grades. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, our nursing scores also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Hacienda Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best category we gave this nursing home in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for residents in need of more conventional assistance related to activities of daily living. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 8.08 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- South Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)2.59 miles away4621 S Central Ave Phoenix Arizona 85040Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 304-1977
- Raven Dialysis Center (Dva)2.75 miles away3540 E Baseline Rd Ste 110 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 431-2110
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)4.9 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)5.42 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis6.14 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Ahwatukee Dialysis (Fmc)6.48 miles away15930 48th Street Phoenix Arizona 85048Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 785-2270
- Evergreen Park Dialysis6.57 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Gila River Dialysis West6.79 miles away9721 West Pecos Rd- rr2, Box 807 Laveen Arizona 85339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 550-6050