Hacienda Nursing Facility is a small nursing home located in Phoenix, Arizona. Featuring an overall score of B+, we found this facility to be one of the most impressive nursing homes in the city. Overall scores in this range are a great indicator of a respectable facility. This nursing home truly has plenty working in its favor. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its long-term care score. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Hacienda Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Hacienda Nursing Facility has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Recreational Therapy
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in long-term care. We awarded them a grade of A+ in this category. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an A+. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hacienda Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Not many nursing homes performed more favorably in this category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In the final area we looked at, we found that this facility earned a solid government inspection report this year as well. As a result, it received a decent score in our inspection category with a B-. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hacienda Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 2.87% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 81.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hacienda Nursing Facility, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 8.08 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- South Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)2.59 miles away4621 S Central Ave Phoenix Arizona 85040Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 304-1977
- Raven Dialysis Center (Dva)2.75 miles away3540 E Baseline Rd Ste 110 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 431-2110
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)4.9 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954
- Tempe Dialysis (Fmc)5.42 miles away1449 W Southern Ave Tempe Arizona 85282CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (480) 967-6360
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis6.14 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Ahwatukee Dialysis (Fmc)6.48 miles away15930 48th Street Phoenix Arizona 85048Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 785-2270
- Evergreen Park Dialysis6.57 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Gila River Dialysis West6.79 miles away9721 West Pecos Rd- rr2, Box 807 Laveen Arizona 85339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 550-6050