With an address in Tampa, Florida, Habana Health Care Center is one of eight facilities there. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some solid scores. Tampa received a city grade of B, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. The best part of this facility's report card is is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Habana Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to note that this nursing home's short-term care grade exceeded its overall grade. This nursing home received a B+ in this category, which is a very solid grade. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Habana Health Care Center?
This facility received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, we awarded this nursing home a D in our long-term care category. This is the facility's worst category score. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.31193 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Habana Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Habana Health Care Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Habana Health Care Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Habana Health Care Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who have had a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Habana Health Care Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Habana Health Care Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Habana Health Care Center, 2.53% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Habana Health Care Center, 95.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Habana Health Care Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Habana Health Care Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Habana Health Care Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Habana Health Care Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Habana Health Care Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Habana Health Care Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.21 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Dsi - Tampa Central0.43 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Tampa Bay Dialysis0.51 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023
- Central Tampa Dialysis0.57 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- Greater Tampa at Home0.95 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis2.8 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa2.94 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Bma - Tampa3 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 28 (813) 348-2922
- East Tampa Dialysis3.43 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820