Habana Health Care Center is located in Tampa, Florida. The city provides a variety of options. We gave this nursing home a B overall, which is a quality grade. We were also impressed that Tampa received a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places to find a nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Habana Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this nursing home performed so well overall is that it excelled in the area of nursing, with a B+ in that area. It outperformed many nursing homes in this area. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This facility also excelled in inspections. In fact, we awarded it an B+ for that category, which is one of our best grades. This is one of the few nursing homes with an overall score in this range which received multiple category grades this high. Our inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Habana Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.76526 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a B. This nursing home did not prove to have any weak spots. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Habana Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Habana Health Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Habana Health Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who had falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Habana Health Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Habana Health Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Habana Health Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Habana Health Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Habana Health Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Habana Health Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Habana Health Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Habana Health Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Habana Health Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Habana Health Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Habana Health Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.21 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Dsi - Tampa Central0.43 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Tampa Bay Dialysis0.51 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023
- Central Tampa Dialysis0.57 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- Greater Tampa at Home0.95 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis2.8 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa2.94 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Bma - Tampa3 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 28 (813) 348-2922
- East Tampa Dialysis3.43 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820