Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. We gave this facility a B overall, which is a quality grade. We were also impressed that Lansdale received a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places to find a nursing home. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a quality facility is that it earned a very impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that area, we gave it an A+. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received high marks in the category of long-term care as well. As a result, we awarded it one of our best grades in that area with a score of A-. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 85.15901 percent of its residents. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was short-term care. We gave this facility a C in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents which experienced falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 88.5% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lansdale, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lansdale, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.25 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis1.07 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson1.72 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale2.68 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton5.33 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.39 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East6.94 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown9.18 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall9.48 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181