Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. We gave this facility a B overall, which is a quality grade. We were also impressed that Lansdale received a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places to find a nursing home. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place is a quality facility is that it earned a very impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that area, we gave it an A+. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it was given a dominant long-term care grade. Indeed, long-term care ended up being its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A-. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 83.84354 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a few points less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. The nursing score analyzes quite a few factors, however, the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of D for the area of short-term care, rendering this the facility's least impressive area. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it offers less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.6 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 88.22% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lansdale, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lansdale, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.25 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis1.07 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson1.72 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale2.68 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton5.33 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.39 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East6.94 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown9.18 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall9.48 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181