Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. This turns out to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on all of the relevant data, there are certainly far worse places out there. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lansdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best grades in this category with an A+. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most favorable area is its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of C. In determining our long-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's personal care services. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 76.19835 percent of its patients for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second least favorable category is short-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. With a score this poor for this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this nursing home was below average in many staffing figures we assess. The nursing home supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.6 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
The last category we analyzed is nursing, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this category. The nursing category consists of many data points, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these data points to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffered falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.77% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 10.66% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 84.99% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 14.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 9.99% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 9.99% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 12.47% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gwynedd Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 98.27% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.25 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis1.07 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson1.72 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale2.68 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton5.33 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.39 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East6.94 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown9.18 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall9.48 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181