Gulfport Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. With an overall grade of B+, this looks like a high quality nursing home. Even in a city of 27 nursing homes, this facility stood out. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Gulfport Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this place an A- for the area of inspections. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received strong marks in the category of short-term care as well. As a result, we gave it one of our most superb scores in that category with a area of A-. In our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Gulfport Rehabilitation Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing score weighs a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home received a respectable long-term care grade. Even though this is not quite as strong as some of its other grades, this is still a middle of the pack score. Our long-term care grade assesses a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the highly skilled therapy and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 94.4 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gulfport Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gulfport Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.01 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis2.54 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg3.68 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- St Petersburg South Dialysis3.74 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- St Petersburg Kidney Care South3.89 miles away4050 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 867-1279
- St Petersburg Dialysis5.54 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care5.83 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis5.93 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Seminole Dialysis Center5.97 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551