Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit is in Fort Myers, Florida. The city has a total of 224,256 people. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is without a doubt a world class facility. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which may add peace of mind for prospective patients with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. Finally, this wound up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in all of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Myers senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this facility so highly is that it was awarded an A+ short-term care grade. This is just about as strong as it gets in this area. In crafting our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its fine assessment, this nursing home also received a dominant long-term care grade, with a score of A. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In our final category, this facility also received an impressive nursing rating, with a grade of A. This wrapped up a first-rate profile. Our nursing category is based on several factors, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Myers, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Myers, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Gulf Coast Medical Center Lee Mem Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away13681 Doctors Way Fort Myers Florida 33912Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 768-5000
- Lee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away2776 Cleveland Ave Fort Myers Florida 33901Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 332-1111
- Cape Coral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away636 Del Prado Blvd Cape Coral Florida 33990Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 574-2323
- Lehigh Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away1500 Lee Blvd Lehigh Acres Florida 33936Voluntary non-profit - Private(239) 369-2101
- Fort Myers Kidney Care Center1.57 miles away14181 S Tamiami Trail #120 Fort Myers Florida 33912Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 415-1062
- Fort Myers South Dialysis3.66 miles away8850 Gladiolus Dr Fort Myers Florida 33908CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (239) 415-1661
- Bma - South Ft Myers4.19 miles away9400 Gladiolus Dr Ste 200 Fort Myers Florida 33908Dialysis Stations: 12 (239) 482-6700
- Fort Myers Dialysis4.23 miles away4220 Executive Circle #38 Fort Myers Florida 33916CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (239) 274-3681
- Cape Coral Home Training6.53 miles away3637 Del Prado Blvd S Suite 202 Cape Coral Florida 33904Dialysis Stations: 5 (239) 542-7076
- Cape Coral South Dialysis6.9 miles away3046 Del Prado Blvd South Suite 4a Cape Coral Florida 33904Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 549-0339
- Cape Coral Kidney Center, LLC8.79 miles away2735 Santa Barbara Blvd Suite 100-200 Cape Coral Florida 33914Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 772-2988
- Cape Coral North Dialysis8.88 miles away1315 Se 8th Terrace Cape Coral Florida 33990Dialysis Stations: 12 (239) 772-8599