Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit is in Fort Myers, Florida. This city has a population of 224,256 people. This facility is among the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires superb performance across the board. We also wanted to point out that this place is located in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are offered. Scroll down to see this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
13960 Plantation Road,
Fort Myers FL 33912
89.86% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for inspections. Our inspection grades are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be given multiple A+ category scores. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 50% more services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a very favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. In addition to excelling in the area of physical therapy hours, we found that it fared as well as just about any facility in the country with 72.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end profile, this nursing home also was given a superb long-term care grade, with a score of A. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last area, this facility also was awarded a very strong nursing rating, with a grade of A. This rounded out a rare straight A profile. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility boasts a really impressive 5.9 hours of nursing care per resident daily, of which a significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of providing high levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in the country in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Fort Myers, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Myers, Florida has 12 other nursing homes
- Gulf Coast Medical Center Lee Mem Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away13681 Doctors Way Fort Myers Florida 33912Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 768-5000
- Lee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away2776 Cleveland Ave Fort Myers Florida 33901Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 332-1111
- Cape Coral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away636 Del Prado Blvd Cape Coral Florida 33990Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 574-2323
- Lehigh Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away1500 Lee Blvd Lehigh Acres Florida 33936Voluntary non-profit - Private(239) 369-2101
- Fort Myers Kidney Care Center1.57 miles away14181 S Tamiami Trail #120 Fort Myers Florida 33912Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 415-1062
- Fort Myers South Dialysis3.66 miles away8850 Gladiolus Dr Fort Myers Florida 33908CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (239) 415-1661
- Bma - South Ft Myers4.19 miles away9400 Gladiolus Dr Ste 200 Fort Myers Florida 33908Dialysis Stations: 12 (239) 482-6700
- Fort Myers Dialysis4.23 miles away4220 Executive Circle #38 Fort Myers Florida 33916CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (239) 274-3681
- Cape Coral Home Training6.53 miles away3637 Del Prado Blvd S Suite 202 Cape Coral Florida 33904Dialysis Stations: 5 (239) 542-7076
- Cape Coral South Dialysis6.9 miles away3046 Del Prado Blvd South Suite 4a Cape Coral Florida 33904Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 549-0339
- Cape Coral Kidney Center, LLC8.79 miles away2735 Santa Barbara Blvd Suite 100-200 Cape Coral Florida 33914Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 772-2988
- Cape Coral North Dialysis8.88 miles away1315 Se 8th Terrace Cape Coral Florida 33990Dialysis Stations: 12 (239) 772-8599