Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit is in Fort Myers, Florida. The city has a total of 224,256 people. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is without a doubt a world class facility. Despite Fort Myers offering 13 nursing homes to select from, this one jumped off the page as a great choice. This also proved to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical area. Inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This top-shelf nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. Short-term care scores are critical for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its strong resume, this nursing home also received an excellent long-term care score, with a score of A. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the datapoints we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to our next area, this nursing home also excelled in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A for this category. This rounded out truly elite report card. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gulf Coast Medical Center Skilled Nursing Unit, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Myers, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Myers, Florida has 12 other nursing homes
- Gulf Coast Medical Center Lee Mem Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away13681 Doctors Way Fort Myers Florida 33912Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 768-5000
- Lee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away2776 Cleveland Ave Fort Myers Florida 33901Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 332-1111
- Cape Coral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away636 Del Prado Blvd Cape Coral Florida 33990Government - Hospital District or Authority(239) 574-2323
- Lehigh Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away1500 Lee Blvd Lehigh Acres Florida 33936Voluntary non-profit - Private(239) 369-2101
- Fort Myers Kidney Care Center1.57 miles away14181 S Tamiami Trail #120 Fort Myers Florida 33912Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 415-1062
- Fort Myers South Dialysis3.66 miles away8850 Gladiolus Dr Fort Myers Florida 33908CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (239) 415-1661
- Bma - South Ft Myers4.19 miles away9400 Gladiolus Dr Ste 200 Fort Myers Florida 33908Dialysis Stations: 12 (239) 482-6700
- Fort Myers Dialysis4.23 miles away4220 Executive Circle #38 Fort Myers Florida 33916CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (239) 274-3681
- Cape Coral Home Training6.53 miles away3637 Del Prado Blvd S Suite 202 Cape Coral Florida 33904Dialysis Stations: 5 (239) 542-7076
- Cape Coral South Dialysis6.9 miles away3046 Del Prado Blvd South Suite 4a Cape Coral Florida 33904Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 549-0339
- Cape Coral Kidney Center, LLC8.79 miles away2735 Santa Barbara Blvd Suite 100-200 Cape Coral Florida 33914Dialysis Stations: 17 (239) 772-2988
- Cape Coral North Dialysis8.88 miles away1315 Se 8th Terrace Cape Coral Florida 33990Dialysis Stations: 12 (239) 772-8599