Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital is a nursing home located in Los Angeles, California which has a total of 2,378,448 people. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is among the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. Not surprisingly, this proved to be one of the five highest graded facilities in Los Angeles. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility has earned near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an A- in this category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing grade includes a handful of components, but the primary one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a grade of B-. Although this turned out to be its poorest category score, this is nevertheless not a poor grade. In the category of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, rather than more sophisticated services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have suffered a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 95.72% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Guardian Rehabilitation Hospital, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.55 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.81 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.76 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center0.78 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center0.84 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.38 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis1.73 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.88 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles3.02 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire3.25 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864