Grosvenor Park Health Center is a large nursing home located in Salem, Massachusetts. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this facility should work for most people. Based on our analysis, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grosvenor Park Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Salem senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a strong overall grade as described above, but we want to note its excellent short-term care score. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our short-term care grades are critical for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.734695 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grosvenor Park Health Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a resident even once per day.
Lastly, we also wanted to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a B+ in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grosvenor Park Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 8.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 4.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 0.86% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 13.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 0.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 95.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 13.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 16.13% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 16.13% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 11.38% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 73.52% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.18 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis1.51 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.54 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)5.76 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.27 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.41 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Fmc Services of Stoneham9.97 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center11.37 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)11.56 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282