Grosvenor Park Health Center is a large nursing home located in Salem, Massachusetts. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a very good option. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Grosvenor Park Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it earned an impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an A. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B. It outpaced most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care scores are likely most meaningful for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Grosvenor Park Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive long-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that area with a grade of B. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 91.40625 percent of its patients. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Our next area is nursing, in which we gave this facility a grade of B- in this category. In determining our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grosvenor Park Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients which sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 1.95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.18 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis1.51 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.54 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)5.76 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.27 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.41 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Fmc Services of Stoneham9.97 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center11.37 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)11.56 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282