Grosvenor Park Health Center is a large nursing home located in Salem, Massachusetts. Sporting an overall rating of B, this facility is a very good option. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Grosvenor Park Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7 Loring Hills Avenue,
Salem MA 01970
59.59% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a favorable overall grade, this facility also received a strong short-term care score. We gave it a B+ in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is often a fair assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its quality profile, this facility also received favorable inspections in recent years. In fact, we gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B. Our inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Grosvenor Park Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. This nursing home was given an impressive long-term care score, with a grade of B in the category. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 92.578125 percent of its residents, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to our next area, this facility was given an acceptable nursing score of B-. The nursing score weighs quite a few data points, but the primary one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grosvenor Park Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 1.93% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grosvenor Park Health Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.18 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis1.51 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center3.54 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)5.76 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.27 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers6.41 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Fmc Services of Stoneham9.97 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center11.37 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)11.56 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282