Grimes Center - New Haven is an average-sized non-profit facility in New Haven, Connecticut. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 50 best facilities in Connecticut. You flat out can not do any better than this facility. This place also received very consistent ratings in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grimes Center - New Haven
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Grimes Center - New Haven has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on New Haven senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Connecticut Awards 2019
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating weighs quite a few datapoints, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. Very few facilities received a better grade in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Grimes Center - New Haven?
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive nursing rating this year, with a grade of B. Although this was not nearly as elite as some of its other grades, this is still one of our more impressive scores for that category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Milford Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away300 Seaside Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 876-4000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Waterbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.26 miles away64 Robbins St Waterbury Connecticut 06721Proprietary(203) 573-6000
- Midstate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.29 miles away435 Lewis Avenue Meriden Connecticut 06450Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 694-8200
- New Haven Home Dialysis0.26 miles away136 Sherman Avenue Suite 206 New Haven Connecticut 06511Dialysis Stations: 7 (203) 773-0853
- Davita New Haven Dialysis0.85 miles away15 Center Street New Haven Connecticut 06510CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (203) 859-7770
- St. Raphael Dialysis Center - New Haven1 miles awayDialysis Unit 137 Water Street New Haven Connecticut 06511CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (203) 772-2421
- u.s.renal Care Orange Dialysis4.8 miles away240 Indian River Rd, Suite D Orange Connecticut 06477CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 891-8992
- Davita Branford Dialysis4.91 miles away249 West Main Street Branford Connecticut 06405Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 481-8531
- Davita Hamden Dialysis5.57 miles away3000 Dixwell Avenue Suite 100 Hamden Connecticut 06518Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 281-5361
- u.s.renal Care Branford Dialysis7.9 miles away322 East Main Street Suite 1a Branford Connecticut 06405Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 483-0710
- North Haven Dialysis Center8.34 miles away266 State Street Suite 2 North Haven Connecticut 06473Dialysis Stations: 15 (203) 230-1946