Grimes Ynhcc is an average-sized non-profit facility in New Haven, Connecticut. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best facilities in Connecticut. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of elite facilities. You flat out can not do much better than this place. This facility also received consistently good grades in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Grimes Ynhcc has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To pair with its excellent overall score, we awarded this facility an A for our nursing rating. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning residents even once per day.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Grimes Ynhcc?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. Contributing to its dominant resume, this nursing home also performed well in that category. In fact, it received a grade of of A- for the area. With our short-term care grade, we seek to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. While this is its least impressive category rating, this is nevertheless a quality score. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We weren't able to find this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- Milford Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away300 Seaside Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 876-4000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.5 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Waterbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.26 miles away64 Robbins St Waterbury Connecticut 06721Proprietary(203) 573-6000
- Midstate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.29 miles away435 Lewis Avenue Meriden Connecticut 06450Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 694-8200
- New Haven Home Dialysis0.26 miles away136 Sherman Avenue Suite 206 New Haven Connecticut 06511Dialysis Stations: 7 (203) 773-0853
- Davita New Haven Dialysis0.85 miles away15 Center Street New Haven Connecticut 06510CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (203) 859-7770
- St. Raphael Dialysis Center - New Haven1 miles awayDialysis Unit 137 Water Street New Haven Connecticut 06511CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (203) 772-2421
- u.s.renal Care Orange Dialysis4.8 miles away240 Indian River Rd, Suite D Orange Connecticut 06477CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 891-8992
- Davita Branford Dialysis4.91 miles away249 West Main Street Branford Connecticut 06405Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 481-8531
- Davita Hamden Dialysis5.57 miles away3000 Dixwell Avenue Suite 100 Hamden Connecticut 06518Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 281-5361
- u.s.renal Care Branford Dialysis7.9 miles away322 East Main Street Suite 1a Branford Connecticut 06405Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 483-0710
- North Haven Dialysis Center8.34 miles away266 State Street Suite 2 North Haven Connecticut 06473Dialysis Stations: 15 (203) 230-1946