Greenwood Village South is a large non-profit nursing home located in Greenwood, Indiana. Sporting an overall rating of A-, we graded this facility to be the number one nursing home in Greenwood. Overall grades in this range are a reliable indication of a world class nursing home. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. We also gave this facility strong ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Greenwood Village South
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A+ for our inspection category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end grades, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this area. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 93.71728 percent of its residents. This is a bit below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Village South?
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine profile, this nursing home also was given a superb short-term care score, with a grade of A-. In our short-term care score, we try to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The last category we scored was nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of B. Although this is its worst category score, this is still an above average rating. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving patients at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Village South Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Village South, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Village South, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Village South, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who have experienced a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Village South, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Village South, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Village South, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Village South, 91.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Village South, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Village South, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenwood Village South, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Village South, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenwood Village South, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenwood Village South, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Greenwood, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Greenwood, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Johnson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away1125 W Jefferson St Franklin Indiana 46131Government - Local(317) 736-3300
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 13.02 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center1.31 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis2.22 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South2.99 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Indiana Dialysis Company3.55 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.66 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Marion County7.62 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita - Dialysis - Franklin8.45 miles away1140 W Jefferson Street, Suite A Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 736-4304
- Fmc - Franklin8.52 miles away1159 West Jefferson St., Suite 201 Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 736-0465