Greenwood Village South is a large non-profit nursing home located in Greenwood, Indiana. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. You flat out can't do much better than this facility. This nursing home also received phenomenal grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenwood Village South
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greenwood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate resume, this facility also was given a strong long-term care grade, with a score of A-. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 97.73869 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Village South?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our stronger grades in that area, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grades are critical for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The last area we analyzed is nursing. In this area, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B. Our nursing category weighs many subcategories, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Village South Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Village South, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Village South, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Village South, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Village South, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Village South, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Village South, 14.48% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Village South, 91.03% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Village South, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Village South, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Greenwood Village South, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Village South, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenwood Village South, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenwood Village South, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Johnson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away1125 W Jefferson St Franklin Indiana 46131Government - Local(317) 736-3300
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 13.02 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center1.31 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis2.22 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South2.99 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Indiana Dialysis Company3.55 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC4.66 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Marion County7.62 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita - Dialysis - Franklin8.45 miles away1140 W Jefferson Street, Suite A Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 736-4304
- Fmc - Franklin8.52 miles away1159 West Jefferson St., Suite 201 Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 736-0465