With an address in Greenwood, Indiana, Greenwood Meadows is one of a mere three available nursing homes in the city. This facility received an overall rating of A-. This is the highest graded facility in the city. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are impeccable. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greenwood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A for that category. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Meadows?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. This facility was awarded a better than average nursing rating in our assessment, with a B. Even though this wasn't nearly as impressive as many of its other scores, this remains one of the more impressive scores for that category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.89503 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Meadows, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Meadows, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Meadows, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Meadows, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Meadows, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Meadows, 14.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Meadows, 91.03% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Meadows, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Meadows, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility.
In Greenwood Meadows, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Meadows, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenwood Meadows, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenwood Meadows, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.99 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 16.26 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.63 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Greenfield0.12 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast13.13 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis14.34 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Irvington14.73 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East14.98 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Shadeland Station15.48 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Indy East15.64 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita - Marion County17.74 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171