With an address in Greenwood, Indiana, Greenwood Meadows is one of five available facilities in the area. Featuring an overall score of A-, this nursing home is one of the better facilities in Greenwood. This truly is an impressive achievement given that the city features plenty of very solid nursing homes. We can't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for inspections. Our inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received a superb grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Meadows?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. Adding to its superb profile, this facility also excelled in this area. In fact, it received a grade of of A- in that category. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to our final category, this facility was given a decent nursing score. Although this was not as impressive as many of its other category grades, this is still nothing to be ashamed of. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with residents, in computing our rating in this area. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. While this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Meadows, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Meadows, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Meadows, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Meadows, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Meadows, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Meadows, 12.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Meadows, 91.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Meadows, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Meadows, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Greenwood Meadows, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Meadows, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenwood Meadows, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenwood Meadows, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Greenwood, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Greenwood, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.99 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 16.26 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.63 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 19.71 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Greenfield0.12 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast13.13 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis14.34 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Irvington14.73 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East14.98 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Shadeland Station15.48 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Indy East15.64 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita - Marion County17.74 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171