Greenwood Healthcare Center is a large non-profit facility located in Greenwood, Indiana. This nursing home was awarded an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a subpar rating. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Greenwood. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Greenwood Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
377 Westridge Blvd,
Greenwood IN 46142
98.81% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the area of inspections, where it received an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second best category was short-term care, but it nevertheless received just a D in that category. This turns out to be a relatively poor score. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. This place fared better in this area, with 53.6 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenwood Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care score. This is not an impressive grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.82911 percent of its patients. This is a few points below what we expected but still a respectable figure. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at limiting hospitalizations. Although it had 2.42 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was not as bad due to it having more complex patients. This is its best feature in this category
The next area we looked at was nursing, where this facility was given an abysmal grade here also. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is obviously a major concern. There are a variety of data points included in this grade. Most of the factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is below average. To pair with its subpar totals in the area of nursing hours per resident, this nursing home also did not perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in calculating our nursing grades. We looked at the percent of patients sustaining major falls and pressure ulcers. This nursing home had more falls and pressure ulcers than the average nursing home. This may be a bad sign when you consider that many bed sores and falls are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. Unfortunately, these scores hurt this facility's nursing grade quite a bit.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenwood Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 1.95% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 12.55% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 91.52% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 16.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 17.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 17.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 11.18 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenwood Healthcare Center, 73.66% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Greenwood, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Greenwood, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Johnson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away1125 W Jefferson St Franklin Indiana 46131Government - Local(317) 736-3300
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 12.34 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 12.41 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South1.5 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Indiana Dialysis Company2.62 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center3.06 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis3.42 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC3.48 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Davita - Marion County7.26 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita - Dialysis - Franklin10.12 miles away1140 W Jefferson Street, Suite A Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 736-4304
- Fmc - Franklin10.19 miles away1159 West Jefferson St., Suite 201 Franklin Indiana 46131Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 736-0465