Located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Greensburg Care Center is one of eight available facilities in this city. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. Keep in mind that Greensburg received a city grade of B-, so should consider some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive nursing grade. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category scores
Greensburg Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
119 Industrial Park Road,
Greensburg PA 15601
58.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were down on this nursing home overall, we gave it a B+ for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This score is a more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Greensburg Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next best category is long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this category, it still performed somewhat badly. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 76.97369 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area is short-term care, which is the final area we assessed. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more meaningful for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this facility was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the data we looked at. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.1 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greensburg Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greensburg Care Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greensburg Care Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which had a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greensburg Care Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greensburg Care Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greensburg Care Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greensburg Care Center, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greensburg Care Center, 88.22% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greensburg Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greensburg Care Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greensburg Care Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greensburg Care Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 18.93 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg4.66 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe5.42 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield6.2 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville10.21 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.10.98 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dci of Mount Pleasant11.59 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant13.5 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Dci at Chestnut Ridge14.79 miles away25 Colony Boulevard, Suite 112 Blairsville Pennsylvania 15717Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 459-4980