Located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Greensburg Care Center is one of four available facilities in this city. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. In our view, this nursing home should be a solid choice for most people. The best part of this place's profile was is its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greensburg Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greensburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but it really excelled in nursing care, with an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents more often.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This place was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greensburg Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B- in this category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 91.37255 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a bit less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Our last category is short-term care, in which we gave this facility a C in this category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greensburg Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greensburg Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greensburg Care Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greensburg Care Center, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which had urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greensburg Care Center, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greensburg Care Center, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greensburg Care Center, 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greensburg Care Center, 86.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greensburg Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greensburg Care Center, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greensburg Care Center, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greensburg Care Center, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 18.93 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg4.66 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe5.42 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield6.2 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville10.21 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.10.98 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dci of Mount Pleasant11.59 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant13.5 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Dci at Chestnut Ridge14.79 miles away25 Colony Boulevard, Suite 112 Blairsville Pennsylvania 15717Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 459-4980