Located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Greensburg Care Center is one of eight available facilities in this city. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. Keep in mind that Greensburg received a city grade of B-, so should consider some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive nursing grade. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category scores
Greensburg Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were down on this nursing home overall, we gave it a B+ for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest category we gave this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a C. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is more often than not a solid assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Greensburg Care Center?
This facility received mediocre inspections in recent years. We gave them a C in this area. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility had 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care, was this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this facility a D in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 73.81703 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greensburg Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greensburg Care Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greensburg Care Center, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greensburg Care Center, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greensburg Care Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greensburg Care Center, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greensburg Care Center, 3.23% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greensburg Care Center, 88.5% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greensburg Care Center, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greensburg Care Center, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greensburg Care Center, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greensburg Care Center, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greensburg Care Center, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 18.93 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg4.66 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe5.42 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield6.2 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville10.21 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.10.98 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Dci of Mount Pleasant11.59 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant13.5 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Dci at Chestnut Ridge14.79 miles away25 Colony Boulevard, Suite 112 Blairsville Pennsylvania 15717Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 459-4980