Greenridge Senior Care is a small facility in El Sobrante, California. With an B+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. As you will find below, this place also performed just fine in our category ratings. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Greenridge Senior Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so well is that it was given a favorable short-term care score. Indeed, short-term care ended up being its second most favorable category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenridge Senior Care?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B in this area. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.0991 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to the final area, this facility was given an excellent nursing grade. This facility didn't prove to have any real weak links. The nursing score weighs several factors, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenridge Senior Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenridge Senior Care, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenridge Senior Care, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenridge Senior Care, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients which sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenridge Senior Care, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenridge Senior Care, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenridge Senior Care, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenridge Senior Care, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenridge Senior Care, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenridge Senior Care, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenridge Senior Care, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenridge Senior Care, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenridge Senior Care, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 8.74 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Davita El Sobrante1.22 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- San Pablo Dialysis Center2.27 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center2.96 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590
- Davita Richmond Dialysis2.97 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- Berkeley Dialysis Center7.18 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706
- Us Renal Care Berkeley7.48 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Wellbound of Emeryville8.57 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Oakland Dialysis Center8.65 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104