Greenridge Senior Care is a small facility in El Sobrante, California. With an A overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a no brainer for just about anybody. As you can see below, this place also performed just fine in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenridge Senior Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on El Sobrante senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a first-rate short-term care score. Indeed, this ended up being this facility's second best category score. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenridge Senior Care?
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its remarkable assessment, this nursing home also was awarded an excellent long-term care grade, with a score of A-. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next category we looked at is nursing. In that category, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenridge Senior Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenridge Senior Care, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenridge Senior Care, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenridge Senior Care, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenridge Senior Care, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenridge Senior Care, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenridge Senior Care, 5.83% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenridge Senior Care, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenridge Senior Care, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenridge Senior Care, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenridge Senior Care, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenridge Senior Care, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenridge Senior Care, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 8.74 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Davita El Sobrante1.22 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- San Pablo Dialysis Center2.27 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center2.96 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590
- Davita Richmond Dialysis2.97 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- Berkeley Dialysis Center7.18 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706
- Us Renal Care Berkeley7.48 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Wellbound of Emeryville8.57 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Oakland Dialysis Center8.65 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104