Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a large nursing home located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This turns out to be a middle of the road facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this place's profile is its stellar inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Doylestown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Doylestown, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A+. Inspection ratings are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the area of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in that category, which happens to be one of our highest grades. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 81.33704 percent of its patients. This is a few points below what we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was short-term care, which is this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. Of course, this grade pulled down the facility's overall profile a bit. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. It appears that this place was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the staffing figures we looked at. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 7.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 20.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 31.95% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.77% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 88.29% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.15% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 12.81% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 12.81% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 22.61% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 72.89% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 8.78 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.66 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus0.93 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown2.55 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.78 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale8.26 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson9.09 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington10.26 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis10.77 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis10.88 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426