Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a large nursing home located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has quite a bit going for it. Fortunately, this place didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Doylestown, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall score, this facility fared even better in our inspections category which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. We gave it an A+ for this area, which is one of our highest grades. Our inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received strong grades in the category of long-term care as well. In fact, it received one of our most favorable grades in that category with a area of A-. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 93.902435 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a C in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
The last area we graded is nursing. We gave it a C in this category. This is not a bad grade in this area. Our nursing score is based on a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Doylestown, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Doylestown, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 8.78 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.66 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus0.93 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown2.55 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.78 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale8.26 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson9.09 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington10.26 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis10.77 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis10.88 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426