Greenhills Manor is in Campbell, California. The city has a population of 45,260 people. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly an elite nursing home. We really can't say enough good things about this place. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. The nursing score is based on a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
This exemplary facility also excelled in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A+. Very few facilities fared better in this category. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenhills Manor?
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, we awarded this facility an A+ for its short-term care rating. This completed an elite profile. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is frequently a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenhills Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenhills Manor, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenhills Manor, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenhills Manor, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenhills Manor, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenhills Manor, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenhills Manor, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenhills Manor, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenhills Manor, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenhills Manor, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenhills Manor, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.42 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 4.36 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center1.7 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Fmc Los Gatos1.94 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose2.53 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center2.76 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC2.78 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek2.89 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center2.93 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- San Jose at Home2.97 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011