Greenhills Manor is in Campbell, California. The city has a population of 45,260 people. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly an elite nursing home. We really can't say enough good things about this place. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Campbell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Campbell, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Campbell, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Campbell, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we graded this facility so favorably is that it was given an A+ long-term care score. This is flat out as good as it gets in this category. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenhills Manor?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are seeing patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category. This topped off a very strong report card. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenhills Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenhills Manor, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenhills Manor, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents which experienced falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenhills Manor, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenhills Manor, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenhills Manor, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenhills Manor, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenhills Manor, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenhills Manor, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenhills Manor, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenhills Manor, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.42 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 4.36 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center1.7 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Fmc Los Gatos1.94 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose2.53 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center2.76 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC2.78 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek2.89 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center2.93 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- San Jose at Home2.97 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011