Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Nashville, Tennessee. With an overall score of B-, this is a solid facility. The nursing homes in Nashville received a city grade of B+ so this isn't the only reliable option in the city. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this proved to be a decent nursing home is that it earned a very favorable nursing score. In fact, its nursing score ended up being its best category. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing rating assesses quite a few datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is frequently a reliable measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong long-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a B in that category, which is one of our more favorable scores. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.47909 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning the last category of government inspections, we gave this facility a D for our inspection category. This proved to be its worst category grade, particularly in light of some of the more impressive scores discussed above. Nevertheless, since this data is compiled by an independent government inspector, we weight it heavily in our assessment. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. We recommend you pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. Tragically, this facility was assessed one category L deficiency. This type of deficiency indicates widespread threats to resident safety or health. A deficiency in this category is very damaging to a facility's inspection score. Lastly, we want to point out that this facility received significant government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This often signifies that a facility's poor track record has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.67% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 89.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 10 other nursing homes
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Dialysis Associates, LLC2.69 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Whitebridge Dialysis2.86 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Rcg West Nashville3.64 miles away344 White Bridge Pike Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (615) 353-2113
- Srs-Nashville Hh LLC3.66 miles away3900 Clifton Ave Nashville Tennessee 37209Dialysis Stations: 10 (615) 988-7881
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis3.72 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic3.74 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Dci Medical Center3.77 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn3.87 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812