Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Greensboro, North Carolina. With an overall grade of C, this is a respectable facility. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a notably better grade than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a solid score in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are commonly used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. Our nursing rating analyzes several factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility did not fare well. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is this facility's worst category grade. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to only 85.766426 percent of its residents, which is well below average. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.01% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 87.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Greensboro, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Greensboro, North Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- The Moses H Cone Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away1200 N Elm St Greensboro North Carolina 27401Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 832-7000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Alamance Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away1240 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington North Carolina 27216Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 538-7000
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.58 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Bma of South Greensboro Inc2.03 miles away622 Industrial Avenue Greensboro North Carolina 27406CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (336) 271-8178
- Biomedical Applications of North Carolina Inc4.87 miles away924 3rd Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405Dialysis Stations: 24 (336) 274-5969
- Bma of Southwest Greensboro4.89 miles away5020 Mackay Road Jamestown North Carolina 27282CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 854-7807
- Greensboro Kidney Center6.57 miles away2700 Henry Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (336) 375-1400
- Fmc of East Greensboro6.83 miles away3839 Burlington Road Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 358-1233
- Triad Dialysis Center8.14 miles away4370 Regency Drive High Point North Carolina 27265CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (336) 454-0076
- Bma Northwest Greensboro Kidney Center8.51 miles away2837 Horsepen Creek Greensboro North Carolina 27410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 664-6869
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point10.36 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046