Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Greensboro, North Carolina. With an overall grade of C, this is a respectable facility. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Greensboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a notably better grade than the place's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a solid score in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are commonly used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. Our nursing rating analyzes several factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care, which was a weak spot for this nursing home. We gave this nursing home a D in our long-term care category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.830986 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.06% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.43% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.37% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 98.42% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 19.61% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.07% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 23.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenhaven Health and Rehabilitation Center, 79.09% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Greensboro, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensboro, North Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- The Moses H Cone Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away1200 N Elm St Greensboro North Carolina 27401Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 832-7000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Alamance Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away1240 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington North Carolina 27216Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 538-7000
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.58 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Bma of South Greensboro Inc2.03 miles away622 Industrial Avenue Greensboro North Carolina 27406CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (336) 271-8178
- Biomedical Applications of North Carolina Inc4.87 miles away924 3rd Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405Dialysis Stations: 24 (336) 274-5969
- Bma of Southwest Greensboro4.89 miles away5020 Mackay Road Jamestown North Carolina 27282CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 854-7807
- Greensboro Kidney Center6.57 miles away2700 Henry Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (336) 375-1400
- Fmc of East Greensboro6.83 miles away3839 Burlington Road Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 358-1233
- Triad Dialysis Center8.14 miles away4370 Regency Drive High Point North Carolina 27265CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (336) 454-0076
- Bma Northwest Greensboro Kidney Center8.51 miles away2837 Horsepen Creek Greensboro North Carolina 27410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 664-6869
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point10.36 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046