Located in Royal Oak, Michigan, Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center is the lone nursing home we found in this area. We gave this facility a bottom of the barrel overall grade based on the data we assessed. Based on our assessment, this nursing home likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We didn't have any positive things to say about this facility's overall grade or its category scores. This place's best category was nursing. However, with a grade of just D in this category, it still performed poorly. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is slightly below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out that this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this facility provides far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's inspection score where it received a lowly F. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection score. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 89.3617 percent of its patients. This is many points less than what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 3.47% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 91.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 1.35 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Rehab and Nursing Center, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 0.74 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.14 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Davita - Starrwood Dialysis1.06 miles away3425 Starr Rd Ste B Royal Oak Michigan 48073Dialysis Stations: 17 (248) 549-0208
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center1.52 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Michigan Metropolitan Dialysis, l.l.c.1.55 miles away2361 Coolidge Hwy Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 1 (248) 336-0336
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC1.81 miles away2624 11 Mile Rd Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 28 (248) 543-7005
- Davita Oak Park Dialysis2.56 miles away13481 W 10 Mile Rd Parkswoods Plaza Oak Park Michigan 48237Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 582-9750
- Nw Detroit Dialysis - Lahser Satellite3.12 miles away25664 Lahser Road Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 358-7521
- Cornerstone Dialysis of Davita3.15 miles away23857 Greenfield Rd Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (248) 569-6111
- Greenfield Hs - Troy4.11 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270